Cipro Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride and/or alternatives
Cipro has Ciprofloxacin as its active ingredient, and it falls under the class of fluoroquinolones, belonging to the category of antibiotics. You can buy Cipro in the form of oral tablets as well as oral suspension. Tablets are available in 250, 500 and 750mg strengths, and oral suspension is available in 5% and 10% strengths. Other ingredients in Cipro tablets include polyethylene glycol, titanium dioxide, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, crospovidone, silicon dioxide, microcrystalline cellulose and cornstarch. Cipro oral suspension also contains components including povidone, hypromellose, methacrylic acid copolymer, magnesium stearate, sucrose, Polysorbate 20, lecithin and water. The oral suspension is available in strawberry flavor.
Indications & Dosage of Cipro
Cipro is used for the treatment of certain types of bacterial infections, or for the prevention or slowing down of anthrax after exposure. Some of the bacterial infections that Cipro can successfully treat include acute cystitis in women, lower respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, acute sinusitis, skin or skin structure infections, chronic bacterial prostatitis, infectious diarrhea, bone or joint infections, intra-abdominal infections, typhoid fever or urethral gonorrhea. The medicine works by fighting the bacteria responsible for the infection.
The dosage recommended to you depends on the type and severity of your bacterial infection and your individual response to the treatment. The dosage and duration of treatment may range from Cipro 250mg single dose to Cipro 1000mg per day for 60 days.
Side Effects & Interactions of Cipro
Patients using Cipro can commonly experience vomiting, nausea, drowsiness, dizziness, nightmares, blurred vision, agitation, anxiety, nervousness or sleep problems or insomnia. These are mild side effects of the drug and subside on their own as your body becomes tolerant to it. However, inform your doctor at once if any of these worsen or persist. Also seek medical attention immediately if you develop any serious side effects of Cipro. Symptoms of such side effects include:
- Pounding or fast heartbeat, fainting, severe dizziness
- Bloody or watery diarrhea
- Sudden pain, popping or snapping sound, swelling, bruising, stiffness, tenderness, loss of movement in joints
- Hallucinations, confusion, unusual behavior or thoughts, depression
- Seizures, convulsions
- Yellowed or pale skin, fever, dark colored urine, weakness
- Decreased or stopped urination
- Easy bleeding or bruising
- Tingling, numbness, unusual pain in any part of the body
- Skin rash
- Severe skin reactions, identified by throat soreness, fever, burning in eyes, swelling on tongue or face, skin pain, purple or red skin rash spreading to the upper body or face, peeling, or blistering.
Before you buy Cipro, inform your doctor if you are already using any of the following medicines:
- Live bacterial vaccines (such as BCG or typhoid)
- Corticosteroids (such as hydrocortisone or prednisone)
- Blood thinners (such as warfarin)
- Anti-diabetic drugs (such as insulin or glyburide)
- NSAIDs (such as naproxen or ibuprofen)
- Urinary alkalinizers (such as sodium citrate or potassium)
- Macrolide antibiotics (such as clarithromycin)
- Anti-psychotic drugs (such as ziprasidone)
- Tricyclic antidepressants (such as amitriptyline)
Warnings & Precautions of Cipro
Inform your doctor beforehand if you have myasthenia gravis, heart rhythm disorder, joint problem, liver or kidney disease, seizures, epilepsy, muscle weakness, difficulty breathing, hypokalemia or long QT syndrome.
Best Price Rx
3219 Yonge St
Toronto, ON, Canada
*Returns not accepted at this address.
Contact us for more information.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week