Lamictal Lamotrigine and/or alternatives
Patients asked to buy Lamictal will find it available in the following forms :
- 25mg, 100mg, 150mg and 200mg Lamictal tablets ;
- 2mg, 5mg and 25mg Lamictal chewable dispersible tablets;
- 25mg, 50mg, 100mg and 200mg Lamictal orally disintegrating tablets
The generic name of Lamictal is Lamotrigine.
Indications & Dosage of Lamictal
Doctors may commonly prescribe Lamictal for the treatment of any of the following conditions:
- Partial seizures in patients aged two years or more (as an adjuvant)
- Tonic-clonic seizures in patients older than two years in combination with another similar drug
- Adjunctive therapy for seizures caused as a symptom of Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
- Monotherapy in patients aged 16 years or older suffering from partial seizures even after the use of other seizure medications
- Bipolar I disorder in adults
The dosage should be properly discussed with a doctor before patients buy Lamictal as doses administered need to be highly individualized.
Overdosing on Lamictal may cause serious harm. Prompt medical attention must be sought if any of the following symptoms of overdose surface: fainting, confusion, severe convulsions, blurred vision and dizziness.
Patients should not change the dose of Lamictal or stop taking it suddenly without prior consultation with a doctor as that can lead severe health problems.
This drug needs to be used exactly as per the doctor’s instructions. Regular check-ups to monitor lamotrigine levels in the blood should be scheduled with a doctor.
Side Effects & Interactions of Lamictal
Lamictal patients may or may not experience side effects related to this drug. The milder effects are fairly common and only require medical attention if they persist or become troublesome. Some of them are listed below:
- Vision problems like blurred or double vision
- Changes in menstrual cycle
- Abdominal or back pain
- Dryness in/around the mouth
- Fatigue, dizziness and nausea
While the aforementioned effects do not pose a serious threat, the following major side effects should be immediately reported to a doctor at the first sign: p>
- Mild to severe skin rash
- Muscle weakness, numbness, pain and tingling sensations in the limbs
- Weight gain, infrequent urination, dark urine, jaundice
- confusion, dizziness, severe nausea and fainting
- Worsening of seizures or bipolar conditions
- Tightness in the chest, trouble breathing, irregularities in heart rhythm
- Symptoms of flu, fever and abdominal pain
It is important for patients to talk to their doctor regarding the adverse effects this drug can have on their health.
Using Lamictal with certain medicines may increase the potentiality of side effects or hinder its efficiency. Interactions need to be carefully monitored while prescribing the dosage for Lamictal. Patients should provide their doctors with a list of all current drugs being consumed by them. Some of the drugs that interact with Lamictal are hormonal pills, antihistamines, muscle relaxants, narcotics, rifampin, propoxyphene and other seizure medications.
Warnings & Precautions of Lamictal
Lamictal may cause severe and even fatal skin rashes in some individuals. Immediate medical attention should be taken in this case.
Allergic reactions like swollen eyes or glands need to be notified as soon as possible to the doctor.
Suicidal thoughts are common among Lamictal patients who are being treated for bipolar disorder.
The doctor should be aware of the pregnancy plans and medical history of patients before prescribing Lamictal.
Best Price Rx
3219 Yonge St
Toronto, ON, Canada
*Returns not accepted at this address.
Contact us for more information.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week